About the game Etheremon

CryptoGuru

Cryptokitties are no longer popular. The creators of Etheremon decided so and presented a project in which instead of cute cats you can buy ... monsters!

The game idea is as simple as ABC. Participants are invited to buy monsters and take part in battles. The strongest wins. The winner receives a reward and can upgrade the monster further. And the loser will have to buy a new monster.

In reality, of course, there are no monsters. You will buy pictures and watch how one image tries to "conquer" the other.

And when the Etheremon project was just starting, users bought not even images of monsters, but images of eggs. The fact is that the developers did not solve the problem with the pictures' author, and he did not allow to use his works. Nevertheless, now (in late March 2018) everything is working fine - images of monsters have appeared.

How the Etheremon idea is unique is not clear. CryptoKitties phenomenon could still be explained by the fact that the society did not expect such application of the blockchain, and kiities themselves are cute. But what motivates people to buy pictures of not so beautiful monsters, remains a mystery.

And these monsters are not that cheap. Prices start from $ 300, and for the most expensive you have to pay more than $ 2500.

Etheremon members can buy monsters of 20 species. The developers promise that soon there will be more. But when the game just started, you could buy 19 monsters, and the last was hidden by the developers. Probably, it just was not finished.

And how do members of Etheremon make money? CryptoKitties could be sold to other participants, but monsters will not work this way. What to do?

The developers of Etheremon have proposed a rather strange solution. If you bought a monster of some kind, you will receive a bonus whenever a new participant will acquire the same monster. For example, if you buy a monster worth 0.682 ETH, then from each user who chooses the same option, you will get 0.002 ETH or so.

It turns out that you can recoup the monster only when it is bought by 341 participants. Most likely, you will have to wait a long time.

Igor78

Ethereum was already hung because of CryptoKitties, now monsters? What next? I hope the miners are not crazy and will not include Etheremon transactions into blocks.

Don't you think, friends, that the Etheremon project is a Ponzi scheme? Other sources of money for the project, except for new users, I do not see. I think it's better to refrain from monsters in Etheremon - I'd better play with kitties.

Mir17

I think Sergey Mavrodi would be glad if he learned about the Etheremon project. The creators of the cryptomonsters are worthy followers of the tradition of MMM. Only now it's also seasoned with blockchain. A perfect recipe to fool beginners.

Smolensk

Visited the Etheremon site and saw that the developers are hiring authors of images of monsters. The project is really so bad that they cannot even find decent artists?

Well, why do the creators of Etheremon repeat CryptoKitties errors? Why couldn't they create a game, for example, on Ethereum Classic? At least there are no queues for the transaction. And so my monsters are constantly freezing. What if I won, and even I do not know about it?

Smolensk

Cryptokitties are no longer popular. The creators of Etheremon decided so and presented a project in which instead of cute cats you can buy ... monsters!

The game idea is as simple as ABC. Participants are invited to buy monsters and take part in battles. The strongest wins. The winner receives a reward and can upgrade the monster further. And the loser will have to buy a new monster.

In reality, of course, there are no monsters. You will buy pictures and watch how one image tries to "conquer" the other.

And when the Etheremon project was just starting, users bought not even images of monsters, but images of eggs. The fact is that the developers did not solve the problem with the pictures' author, and he did not allow to use his works. Nevertheless, now (in late March 2018) everything is working fine - images of monsters have appeared.

How the Etheremon idea is unique is not clear. CryptoKitties phenomenon could still be explained by the fact that the society did not expect such application of the blockchain, and kiities themselves are cute. But what motivates people to buy pictures of not so beautiful monsters, remains a mystery.

And these monsters are not that cheap. Prices start from $ 300, and for the most expensive you have to pay more than $ 2500.

Etheremon members can buy monsters of 20 species. The developers promise that soon there will be more. But when the game just started, you could buy 19 monsters, and the last was hidden by the developers. Probably, it just was not finished.

And how do members of Etheremon make money? CryptoKitties could be sold to other participants, but monsters will not work this way. What to do?

The developers of Etheremon have proposed a rather strange solution. If you bought a monster of some kind, you will receive a bonus whenever a new participant will acquire the same monster. For example, if you buy a monster worth 0.682 ETH, then from each user who chooses the same option, you will get 0.002 ETH or so.

It turns out that you can recoup the monster only when it is bought by 341 participants. Most likely, you will have to wait a long time.

I think the success of Etheremon can be compared to CryptoKitties, because it's basically the same thing. See: for the first week, users bought cryptokitties for $ 2.5 million (about $ 350,000 per day). The turnover of Etheremon is 10 thousand dollars a day:
https://etherscan.io/token/0x95daaab98046846bf4b2853e23cba236fa394a31
This is 35 times less! Yes, CryptoKitties was the first of its kind, and some people are just aroused by everything new, but the fact is - Etheremon did not achieve serious success.

Last edited: