The RACE gene and its effect on genes of appearance

Roman

Geneticist
Staff member
If you closely follow our genetic experiments and studies, then you probably remember that the values of the genes of physical characteristics depend on the value of the RACE gene. Strangely enough, similar kind of dependence were also found in the genes of visual characteristics, which we discussed yesterday. But not quite similar, so I'll tell you now, that later there would be no questions, why the unicorns of race 0 can not get this or that kind of wings, for example. Listen carefully, and your questions in the comments will never remain unanswered.

All 10 visual characteristics of unicorns are divided into two groups of 5 characteristics. The first group includes the genes WNGFRM, HRNFRM, HAIFRM, TAIFRM and STNFRM. The second group, respectively, includes the genes BDYFRM, HOOFRM, HEDFRM, EARFRM and EYEFRM. Each race has two «preferred» visual characteristics, so to speak. But this is all very relative. We call it «preference», but in fact, it's about something else. See...

If the race does not have a preference for one or another visual characteristic, then the values of the classifier of this visual characteristic correspond to equal intervals of the range of the value of the corresponding gene. For example, in unicorns of race 0 has no preference for the form of the horn, therefore all forms of the horn are distributed evenly over the interval from 0 to 255. Here is how:
  • Round — from 0 to 51.
  • Flat — from 52 to 102.
  • Helical — from 103 to 153.
  • Curved — from 154 to 204.
  • Stellar — from 205 to 255.
But there exists the preference for the form of the wings , therefore for wings all intervals on the WNGFRM gene range are shifted. Like this:
  • Massive — from 0 to 151.
  • Nimble — from 152 to 177.
  • Ragged — from 178 to 203.
  • Straight — from 204 to 229.
  • Cute — from 230 to 255.
And so each race has one visual characteristic from each of the two groups for which the range of the gene is shifted when it is expressed in phenotypic manifestations. This is the essence of «preference». The preference table is rather cumbersome, and I will not publish it here. But if the community expresses the wish, I will publish what characteristics are preferable for each of the 20 races.

Good luck in independent research.